Thursday, October 3, 2013

Last Lessons..

I missed the previous weeks lesson as I was sick.. Which could be classed as occupational disruption. “Occupational disruption is a state that is usually temporary or transient rather than prolonged. Occupational disruption occurs when a person’s normal pattern of occupational engagement is disrupted due to significant life events, environmental changes, becoming ill or sustaining  an injury from which full recovery is expected” (Whiteford, 2000, p. 201). I decided, that when I couldn't hang out my washing that morning without feeling very dizzy, in the process, that perhaps, it was wise of me not to head to that nights dance lesson.. to bed might be a better alternative.


Anyways, my flatmate filled me in, on what they'd covered the last week, to the best of her knowledge.. so I was hoping that tonight, I wouldn't be making plunders.. but instead some progress.. & some actual dancing!! This of course, is somewhat dependent on who your lead is.. Some of the leads are like me.. a wee bit uncertain at times, & others fill you with confidence as soon as your begin..  :) Must have been near exam week, cos there was definitely a couple or two short tonight. However, it was good, I think I even surprised myself.. I remembered all the basic steps & some more!! When you actually put it into a sequence.. there's that feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment, cos you are actually doing it... & when you are actually doing it.. It's pretty fun!! I can see why Dance becomes a part of ones 'Occupational Identity & satisfaction'.


Reference: 


 Whiteford, G. (2000). Occupational deprivation: Global challenge in the new millennium. British Journal of Occupational Therapy. 63(5). 200-204.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment